Team Enigma
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Team Enigma

Team Enigma's base site for those who are a member of this elite team.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DefiniteOtaku

DefiniteOtaku

Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity Empty
PostSubject: Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity   Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:29 am

Hello from your Team Enigma resident rogue player and expert! Today I'm going to start a series of articles where I examine various Yugioh Cards and give you reasons as to why you should be main at least 1 in your decks on DN, meta or not.

Today's Card is a deck that every deck could run easily, and a favorite of my own:
Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity:
Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity Machine_Emperor_Wisel_Infinity_real

Now, while being a good card to run in a number of decks, such as Scrap Meklord, Chaos Piper, and Cloudian Meklord, most people would be dismissive when told it would be a great main for all decks. I feel otherwise. Not only does it have a beefy 2500 attack, it also has 2 abilities that make it incredibly useful.

Its first ability, the Special Summoning part, is easily met considering today's destruction happy meta, and is a great card to keep as a threat to wanton destruction. Its second ability is far more valuable. It has the ability to negate a Spell card once per turn, giving it another huge edge in today's meta. Using these two abilities alone can threaten or shutdown a lot of meta decks or power-plays.

Now, I can hear some of you saying this from while I'm typing this: "Why not run Grannel instead?" Well, I'll tell you why. Even though most decks will try to destroy as much stuff as possible at the beginning, Destruction starts to ease out towards the end of the duel. there is also the fact that you wont be able to always get it out when you have a relatively high amount of LP, possibly leaving you with a dead monster with few attack points when you want another, beefier monster. I will agree that running Grannel is a better option in self-destruction decks, but in most every other deck, you're going to want Wisel.

And that's it for this article. Feel free to comment about this and bring to the table your own reasons as to why you would or wouldn't want to use this card, because after all, it up to the duelist what to use.
Back to top Go down
Saiikusu

Saiikusu

Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity   Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:07 am

This, in my Malefics, equals win. - 3- They think they've got me because they use a MST? HEEEEEEERE'S WISEL~! Cool

That, and since all my Malefics have the 'only one monster can attack' clause, he doesn't hurt my ability to attack anyways. As well, since I play a Skill Drain build, he can either be a free Beatstick, or I can make use of his spell negating effect.

All in all, very versatile card in my Malefics, hence why I went out and got a few for my deck irl. ^^
Back to top Go down

Main Deck Maybes! Todays Topic- Meklord Emperor Wisel Infinity
Page 1 of 1